DealDash is a growth company offering an exciting online shopping experience.
We have a small team that has built a big business with over 20 million shoppers in the United States visiting our site in 2017 alone. The business journal Kauppalehti named DealDash the Finnish growth company of the year 2013 and now our turnover is as much as 50 million EUR.
We develop our business at a brisk pace and we nurture open communication, so in any role there are opportunities to work on things you are excited about. However, we are not looking for a complete package of expertise in any field, rather someone that can use their curious and analytical personality for passionate work generating strong results.
As part of the recent merger we are looking for an Assistant Controller to join our finance team in Helsinki. This is a perfect opportunity for someone that is looking to start their career in a multifaceted finance function and gain a broad range experience. Any prior experience in a similar role is appreciated but not required.
In this role, you will work closely together with our Head of Finance in a role that brings true value to our company. This is a dynamic hands-on role, and you will engage stakeholders such as top management, accounting agencies, legal counsel, procurement team, payroll agencies, and vendors.
We are offering you the chance to join our small and innovative team in Helsinki for a full-time, permanent position. Data is a big deal at DealDash, and you will be providing key information in the form of our financial accounting, helping us make huge decisions that determine the future of the company!
This is a perfect role for you interested in a career-defining opportunity in a high-tech growth company!
Some potential tasks:
· Preparing the financial accounting for the company
· Producing monthly financial statements and board materials
· Payroll processing
· Accounts payable processing
· Preparation of the general ledger
· Balance sheet reconciliations
· Inventory and COGS processing, analysis, and reporting
· Point person for accounting agencies in Finland and the US
· Reconciliation of intercompany transactions and verification of transfer pricing documentation
· Analyzing data, looking for trends, spotting opportunities for savings and efficiency
· Opportunity to participate in diverse financial projects
Qualifications & Experience:
· Solid Excel skills
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Project management and teamwork skills
· Knowledge of transaction and accounting practices
· Understanding of AP and AR
· Basic understanding of financial statements
· Solid command of English, which is the working language
· We also value SQL skills but this is not a requirement
· A bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field
We're looking to fill this role immediately, so please apply ASAP!
Millions of Americans tried out 1st generation bidding fee auctions. Most lose money and had a poor experience. After a letdown experience, spending $50 on a pay-to-participate auction site with nothing to show for it, our founder decided to create a fair and honest alternative to bidding fee auctions, where losing bidders don’t have to lose the money they spent bidding.
This is what we changed:
By today, DealDash prides itself on being the longest running and most trusted provider in its category.
DealDash is composed of a small team of around 50 passionate individuals, committed to provide the best service experience to our customers. Being in touch with customers and listening to their concerns is extremely valuable to us. If it wasn’t for the feedback we have received from our customers throughout all these years, we wouldn’t be the company we are now. Ideas such as free shipping and no jumper auctions actually came from our customers. In fact, every employee has a feedback call with a customer, every week. This way we want to make sure that everyone in the company knows how our customers experience our service and we can continue to grow together with them.
CUSTOMER FIRST: Treat your customers as you would want to be treated yourself.
GROWTH: Develop new skills and expand your perspective.
OWNERSHIP: Take ownership, take initiative, take action, YOU are the company.
DARE: Break assumptions, pursue unconventional ideas.
DATA-DRIVEN: Data is worth more than 1000 smart opinions. Data is everywhere, use it!
COMMUNICATION: We are a flat organization. Talk with your colleagues and share your ideas.