Would you like to have an opportunity to develop your technical engineering skills and problem solving? Are you interested in investments and portfolio analysis? If you said yes, you might be the Asset Management Analyst we are looking for!We are looking for
Studentwork is looking for an Asset Management Analyst to our client Fortum.
Investments and Portfolio Analysis is responsible for providing investment project and portfolio analysis as a service to Fortum’s divisions and development units. We also drive investment portfolio optimization across the Group by collecting and consolidating the project initiatives and prepare different capex scenarios to facilitate top management steering of the investment portfolio. We develop asset degradation models to support optimizing scope and times of asset interventions and generally promote data based decision making practices. We are also responsible for Fortum’s overall investment process and related instructions together with Corporate Business Control. Finally, we manage Fortum’s insurance management process and the related risk analysis.
The role we have for you shall be a versatile mix of engineering, business and data analysis, including the following areas of responsibility:
- Improving data management in our Maximo tool (Computerized Maintenance Management System) by identifying anomalies and fixing historical records using various source of input and general data analytics methods
- Developing expected lifetime and time to failure forecasting models to multiple technical equipment categories using objective incident and measurement data as main input and combining this with human induced expert judgment.
- Utilization of the said models to support the portfolio optimization and scoping and timing choices within individual projects and being able to explain the fundamental logics behind the models to people with different professional backgrounds.
- Taking part to general asset management development projects, individual investment and other business case evaluations and developing the whole practice going forward.
What comes to experience requirements, you can be a fresh graduate from university, or you may already have accumulated several years of professional work experience in e.g. reliability based maintenance, failure mode and effect analysis or systems engineering in energy or other sectors - role can be tailored to fit both. Human interaction is vital part of the role and having good stress tolerance and “thick skin” is useful attribute as one should expect occasional conflicts in this line of work.
Position is located either in Espoo, Finland or in Stockholm, Sweden. The position is permanent, fulltime and the starting date is during February-March 2021. Fortum is a European energy company with activities in more than 40 countries. We provide our customers with electricity, gas, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. We want to engage our customers and society to join the change for a cleaner world. Together with our subsidiary Uniper, we are the third largest producer of CO2-free electricity in Europe. With approximately 19,000 professionals and a combined balance sheet of approximately EUR 69 billion, we have the scale, competence and resources to grow and to drive the energy transition forward. Fortum's share is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki and Uniper's share on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. www.fortum.comMain tasks
- Improving data management
- Developing expected lifetime and time to failure forecasting models
- Utilizing the models to support the portfolio optimization and scoping and timing choices
We offer you
- Master’s degree in a suitable engineering discipline with a strong mathematical and programming emphasis
- Excellent academic performance as proof of your motivation and intrinsic capabilities
- Genuine interest and capability of solving complex technical problems both conceptually and by using quantitative methods and simulation
- Strong programming skills (e.g. Python, Java)
- Fluent in preparing presentations in MS PowerPoint and operating with MS Excel
- Fluent English skills are needed, additional language skills e.g. Finnish, Swedish, German or Russian are considered as a merit
Your work will have a strong influence on how much and where Fortum commits its O&M and investment spend. This position offers you an excellent possibility to utilize and further improve your technical engineering skills, problem solving and analytical abilities as well as communication skills in assessing a multi-billion EUR asset base, explaining the results to a wider audience and convincing responsible managers to act accordingly. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to learn from our engaged analysis team and to liaise with Fortum's wider asset management community.Apply for the job now!
In case you think you might be the perfect match, send your application, CV, university transcripts with completed courses and grades as well as high school and matriculation examination documents with grade information and salary request via our online recruitment tool. We will start interviews as soon as suitable candidates apply. The last day to send job application is 11.2.2021 but be fast! If you have any questions concerning this position, feel free to contact Recruitment Team Manager Marjukka Laakso (Marjukka.firstname.lastname@example.org).About Studentwork
Studentwork is the leader in soft skills driven recruitment and trusted advisor for talents and companies in the Nordics. We help the new generation of talents to find their dream job by identifying their soft skills and true potential.
By using data we create understanding of our candidates’ strengths and ambitions while minimizing blind spots and biases. We find the right candidate for the job, and the right job for the candidate.