Area Supervisor/Quality Operations; Salo, Finland
Valmet Automotive EV Power Oy
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally almost 4.500 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our Electric Vehicle Business Line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
Valmet Automotive's Electric Vehicle business line operates as a manufacturer of battery systems, electrical components, and a supplier of complete battery systems for the automotive industry. We are searching for a new member of our Salo facility Quality Team.
You will help lead the Quality team for serial production materials and products used in the automotive industry. The goal of the team is to ensure the accuracy of the material in all of the production processes and verifying that the production systems builds material that meets or exceeds customer expectations. You will be responsible for developing and continuing the inspection process, identifying quality issues, and initiating immediate corrective actions. You negotiate and solve problems in cooperation with quality, supplier quality, production, logistics and product technology.
Prerequisites for the task
- Appropriate basic technical training
- Ability to solve complex problems and issues quickly
- Knowledge of quality systems, manufacturing techniques, materials, measurement techniques and battery technology
- Experience in supervisory work previously is considered an advantage
- The ability to act positively and purposefully in leadership and cooperation
- Willingness to address identified grievances resolutely
- The ability to quickly organize actions to correct quality problems
- Able to work with multiple teams and parties to accomplish complex tasks
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Finnish languages. German language skills are considered a benefit
We offer to the applicant
This is a most thrilling and responsible position in our new EV Systems business line, working one of our strategically most important topics – battery systems for e-mobility. You will be part of Valmet Automotive and part of building the future of automotive mobility and future oriented industrial solutions. Valmet Automotive with its typical Nordic calmness provides an internal footprint and an environment which enables employees to go to forward and succeed with theirs jobs. Where a long heritage as one of the world´s most significant car builders meets up the spirit of unlimited opportunities is Valmet Automotive, offering you a sense of accomplishment, a good work-life balance and a feeling of creating something new.
Mobile: +358 504 729 221
Please send your application by Sun 1.8.