Applications Engineer: Multiphysics
COMSOL Oy is seeking an Applications Engineer in multiphysics who is familiar with coupled analysis to join our team in Helsinki. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in nonlinear finite element analysis, numerical methods, and in the area of CFD or Heat and Mass Transport.
We sell to several top engineering and scientific teams in Finland and the Baltic states. These range from start-ups to large corporations to national labs to technical universities and their activities cover a wide span of engineering disciplines. This is a small-office environment in a rapidly growing, diverse company. As such, you will be entrusted with a broad range of responsibilities, allowing for personal and professional growth.
- Provide personalized on-line product demonstrations of the COMSOL Multiphysics product suite to potential and existing customers in industry, and academia. In this role you will assist our sales team by providing technical information about how to use COMSOL Multiphysics to solve a variety of challenging scientific and engineering problems.
- Present webinars covering specialized modeling topics that are broadcast to COMSOL Multiphysics users and potential users.
- Teach COMSOL training classes.
- Provide technical support, via email and phone, by addressing technical questions, providing guidance, advice, and modelling assistance in a wide variety of application areas, particularly those involving heat transfer, structural mechanics, fluid dynamics, and multiphysics modeling.
- Occasional travel to COMSOL events (Customer Visits, COMSOL Days, Workshops, Courses, and Conferences) to present the software and its usage to new and existing users. In this role you will be engaged in face-to-face technical conversations with COMSOL users.
- Service-minded, business-oriented, outgoing personality, adaptive and flexible.
- Willing to work with customers on a daily basis.
- Strong presentation skills, both in-person and on-line.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Finnish and English Language.
- Strong technical skills in numerical analysis, physics, and COMSOL Multiphysics modeling.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering or physical sciences.
- Demonstrated experience with computational modelling.
- 0-20% travel per month.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of physics application areas and to work on problems spanning all engineering fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech software company.
- Casual atmosphere.