Application Specialist, Food & Beverages, Probiotics, Brabrand, Denmark
Nutrition & Health – part of Specialty Products Division - an industry leader that offers a wide range of sustainable, bio-based ingredients, which combined with in-depth knowledge of food and nutrition along with current research and expert science delivers unmatched value to the food, beverage, dietary supplement and pharmaceutical industries
The Specialty Products Division works with customers across multiple industries to advance their best ideas and deliver real-world products and smart solutions. From more nutritious food to more efficient cars, from better ways of connecting to new sources of energy, and from smarter homes to better protection for workers and the environment, the people of Specialty Products are focused on delivering the essential advances that our customers—and the world—needs to thrive.
Responsible for application and data support to customers for the N&H food and beverage probiotics product line. This includes customer visits, understanding of probiotics in various food and beverage applications and carrying out the design and production of technical experiments in cooperation with colleagues from the relevant application teams. This includes testing, analysis, equipment setup and maintenance, preparation of materials, and data summary. Acquiring knowledge of the in vivo and in vitro documentation for each probiotic strain is also required.
Scope of position:
This position reports to the Group Manager, of one of our dairy teams but will work across application groups, including sweet dairy, cheese, frozen desserts, beverage & bars and bakery. You will be expected to work as part of an integrated team developing and carrying out project plans as well as demonstrating the ability to independently perform experimental research.
The focus of this position will be to conduct applied research and product development with probiotic bacteria with an emphasis on customer support. You will work closely with other Innovation scientists on a project by project basis, but is also expected to be able to carry out experiments independently.
- Conduct applied research and product development with probiotic bacteria with an emphasis on cell count stability in a wide range of food and beverage systems.
- Solid understanding of the clinical trial data for each probiotic strain. Presentation of these data to Application, Sales and Customers.
- Knowledge of probiotic stability parameters in formulation and processing of a variety of food and beverage applications.
- Perform laboratory/pilot plant experiments to determine real-time stability of probiotic products in various applications in cooperation with relevant application teams.
- Manage and conduct testing of finished probiotic products. Analyze and Organize the resulting stability data for distribution
- Collaboration with the probiotics Technology & Innovation team.
- Keep up-to-date on new technical developments by monitoring competitors' activities, current developed new methods of processing ingredients in applicable areas.
- Assist customers by participating in in-house visits, answering technical questions, and provide technical services to customers.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
To successfully perform the requirements of this position, you must have minimum a MSc in microbiology, food science, food technology, biology or directly related degree. Project management experience is considered an advantage. Experience within probiotics and their applications is a plus.
You like to work independently, but also understand how to function in a large organization and the importance of reaching common business objectives. You are customer-focused, open-minded, flexible and thrive in a busy environment with cultural differences. You have good communica¬tion skills and master English both orally and written. Additional requirements include: Ability to independently manage projects, independently design and carry-out application experiments, and communicate effectively with customers and other stake holders.
Hiring manager: Hans Christian Bejder
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1107995
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Ulkomaat/Tanska, Ulkomaat/Tanska