Application Engineer / Manager
Wärtsilä Energy Business is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. As an Energy System Integrator, we understand, design, build and serve optimal power systems for future generations. Wärtsilä’s solutions provide the needed flexibility to integrate renewables and secure power system reliability. Our offering includes flexible internal combustion engine-based power plants, hybrid solar power plants, energy storage & integration solutions, as well as gas to power systems. We support our customers over the lifecycle or their installations with services that enable increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Wärtsilä has 68 GW of installed power plant capacity in 177 countries around the world.
Sales Development team in Energy Business is responsible for development of sales process and related applications including configuration and offering tools to ensure proper support for our sales and sales support teams during the sales process.
We are now looking for an Applic ation Engineer / Manager to our Sales Development team in Vaasa.
As an application Engineer you will responsible for providing solutions by modelling and configuring products and solutions into sales tools.
- Product data maintenance in sales configuration tool
- Create and maintain correct product configuration bas ed on technical design handbook, annual agreements and data from responsible persons in other departments
- Gather and compile text for technical specification descr iptions
- Verify technical specification descriptions and modelling outcom e together with technical experts
- Participate in sales tools development according to business requirements
- User support for Energy Business in sales tools related matters
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in information technology, engineering or equivalent knowledge acquired through experience
- Good und erstanding about programming languages i.e. Python, C# or Java
- Experience in product data modelling is seen as an advantage in this positio n
- Experience in mechanical engineering industry is an advantage in this position
- Customer oriented team player in a multicultural environment
- Process thinking and structured way of working
- Work independently towards set targets
- Good communication and presentation s kills
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Fluency in English. Other language skills seen as an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of managing product information is s ee as an advantage.
Please apply by 14th April, 2019.
Contact person to give more information:
Jan-Anders Backlund, Senior Development M anager, Sales Development
Tel: +358 40 1833690
Sami Kujanpää, General Manager
Tel: +358 40 7596749