Analyst/Consultant Forestry & Biomass
AFRY Finland Oy
About the position
We are looking for an energetic and driven Analyst/Consultant to join our bioindustry team in AFRY Management Consulting in Helsinki, London or Munich. The position is specifically focused on the Forestry & Biomass sectors. The candidate will work in a dynamic project based environment focusing on delivering strategic solutions to our global client base.
AFRY Management Consulting provides leading-edge strategic consulting and advisory services covering the whole value chain in energy, forest and other process industries. Our international bioindustry team with its forest, wood products, biorefining, paper, packaging and tissue experts forms one of the leading advisory teams globally.
As an Analyst/Consultant, your tasks will include:
- Work as a team member in projects varying from resource assessments, forest investment analyses, market opportunity assessments, techno-economic analyses, digitalisation, feasibility studies to due diligence projects and many more
- Collaborate with project managers and team members throughout the project from idea generation, data analysis, to report preparation and formulating recommendations and conclusions for our clients
- Participate in client meetings, often presenting the part of the work which you have been responsible for, and sometimes working side-by-side with clients
- Contribute to the competence, business and offering development
Who are you?
The person we are looking for should have the following skills and capabilities:
- Relevant university degree (M.Sc./B.Sc. in Forestry or Biomass related topics) with strong academic performance
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving skills.
- Full fluency in English (oral and written) is a necessity. Proficiency in any other language is a clear advantage.
- Advanced user of MS Office Suite
- Excellent team work capabilities and communication skills
- Willingness to work in a variety of different roles and across sectors in an international environment
- Energy, drive and interest in pursuing a career as a consultant
- Flexibility to travel and work abroad
In addition, we appreciate working experience in the forestry and biomass industry or relevant process areas such as financial analysis, due diligence, value chain optimisation, etc.
Please clarify in your application, the location of your preference. You must have a right to live and work in the country for which you are applying.
We offer you:
- Challenging consulting work for the world's leading companies in the Forestry & Biomass sectors
- An unique opportunity to work as part of an inspiring team with some of the most proficient colleagues and clients within the above sectors
- The prospect to develop as an expert and eminent management consultant within the industry
- Employment with a responsible employer who fosters a dynamic environment to support the growth and development of the people working for our company
- A collaborative, professional, innovative and responsible way of working with a desire to achieve the highest level of quality
- At AFRY, we believe that having the best people attracts the best projects and having the best projects attracts the best people. We work in a global environment with a strong focus on the needs of our local clients.
To hear more about this position please contact Hannes Lechner, Senior Principal, MCD UK, tel. +44 20 7932 8239 or Sami Pastila, Senior Principal, MCD Finland, tel. +358 40 560 6494.
Interested in this position? Please submit your application including CV and cover letter by March 1st, 2021.