Analyst trainee, Business Intelligence
We are now looking to hire an Analyst trainee, Business Intelligence for a summer job position in Helsinki.
UPM Pulp serves the global market with a comprehensive range of sustainably produced eucalyptus, birch and softwood pulp grades for a variety of tissue, specialty paper, board, printing and writing paper, and other applications. We serve a global customer base – our main markets are in Europe and China. Our reliability as a supplier is based on modern and efficient mills in Finland and Uruguay, a dynamic sales force, local technical support and service, and long term logistics partners. www.upmpulp.com
What you’ll do
The position entails building a simple database for UPM Pulp’s market intelligence data and further developing a related statistical forecasting model recently developed at UPM. In due course, you will implement a user interface for the model for your co-workers’ use. Time permitting, you can participate in solving interesting business problems with optimization approach.
What we expect
- You are student with good grades in mathematics, computer science, economics, operations research, statistics, finance or other applicable field in data analysis
- You have some experience in programming (e.g., Python, C#, Java, SQL) and/or mathematical software (e.g., R, MATLAB)
- You have entrepreneurial attitude and initiative to find new solutions
- You are experienced in applying statistical modelling to real-life problems
- You have great verbal and visual communication skills to deliver results to your colleagues
- You are fluent in English. Finnish is an asset.
What we appreciate
- You have basic understanding of databases
- You have experience in applying statistical modelling to real-life problems as well as experience in text-mining and optimisation algorithms
What we offer
- Real business problems with an opportunity to make an immediate impact to UPM Pulp’s commercial operation
- International workplace with global reach and skilled colleagues who’ll provide support in both commercial and technical aspects of your work
- Opportunity to continue after the temporary term of employment in full or part time
Find more information about our summer recruitment process in English from www.upm.com/summer.
Send your application via Summer Jobs in global functions-recruitment latest 28th of February. For location, please select any position in Helsinki. Mention in your cover letter that you are interested in this particular Analyst trainee-position.
We will start going through the applications already during application period so please submit your application as soon as possible.
We are committed to being a responsible employer and participate in Vastuullinen kesäduuni campaign.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1094687
- Työsuhde: Kesätyö
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Helsinki