We are now looking to hire an Analyst trainee, Business Intelligence for a summer job position in Helsinki.
UPM Pulp serves the global market with a comprehensive range of sustainably produced eucalyptus, birch and softwood pulp grades for a variety of tissue, specialty paper, board, printing and writing paper, and other applications. We serve a global customer base – our main markets are in Europe and China. Our reliability as a supplier is based on modern and efficient mills in Finland and Uruguay, a dynamic sales force, local technical support and service, and long term logistics partners. www.upmpulp.com
What you’ll do
The position entails building a simple database for UPM Pulp’s market intelligence data and further developing a related statistical forecasting model recently developed at UPM. In due course, you will implement a user interface for the model for your co-workers’ use. Time permitting, you can participate in solving interesting business problems with optimization approach.
What we expect
- You are student with good grades in mathematics, computer science, economics, operations research, statistics, finance or other applicable field in data analysis
- You have some experience in programming (e.g., Python, C#, Java, SQL) and/or mathematical software (e.g., R, MATLAB)
- You have entrepreneurial attitude and initiative to find new solutions
- You are experienced in applying statistical modelling to real-life problems
- You have great verbal and visual communication skills to deliver results to your colleagues
- You are fluent in English. Finnish is an asset.
What we appreciate
- You have basic understanding of databases
- You have experience in applying statistical modelling to real-life problems as well as experience in text-mining and optimisation algorithms
What we offer
- Real business problems with an opportunity to make an immediate impact to UPM Pulp’s commercial operation
- International workplace with global reach and skilled colleagues who’ll provide support in both commercial and technical aspects of your work
- Opportunity to continue after the temporary term of employment in full or part time
Find more information about our summer recruitment process in English from www.upm.com/summer.
Send your application via Summer Jobs in global functions-recruitment latest 28th of February. For location, please select any position in Helsinki. Mention in your cover letter that you are interested in this particular Analyst trainee-position.
We will start going through the applications already during application period so please submit your application as soon as possible.
We are committed to being a responsible employer and participate in Vastuullinen kesäduuni campaign.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
UPM employs around 19 300 people in 45 countries. Through renewing of the bio and forest industries, we are building a sustainable future across six business areas: UPM Biorefining, UPM Energy, UPM Raflatac, UPM Specialty Papers, UPM Paper Europe and North America and UPM Plywood. Our products are made of renewable raw materials and are recyclable. We serve our customers worldwide, and our annual sales are approximately € 10 billion. UPM shares are listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki. www.upm.com