Analyst, Business Intelligence
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are looking for a Analyst, Business Intelligence to join us in UPM Biorefining Business Area. The position will be located in Helsinki, Finland.
UPM Biorefining Business Area leverages the synergies of its Pulp, Timber and Biofuels businesses. Focusing on growth, we create value and new business opportunities from wood and biomass originating solely from sustainable sources. Our modern production sites in Finland cover three pulp mills, four sawmills and a biorefinery producing wood-based renewable diesel, as well as wood sourcing and forestry operations. In Uruguay we run a pulp mill and plantation operations.
Greetings from your future colleague
“This is a chance to immerse yourself into a fascinating global commodity business in a world-class company aiming to replace fossil raw materials in everyday essentials. Together with a growing team of excited colleagues, no less!” - Sauli Järvenpää
What you’ll do
As a member of the Business intelligence team for pulp, you are responsible of monitoring trends and developments relevant to the pulp industry, and analyze what implications they have on UPM.
- You monitor customer industries to identify opportunities for UPM
- You report insights and provide decision making support to business area management and pulp commercial management
- You participate in specific development topics related to business intelligence and/or strategy in the pulp business
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in natural sciences, economics or engineering or equivalent
- You possess good analytical skills, including:
- qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- numerical problem solving
- ability to bring analysis to clear and concise conclusions and insights
- Previous experience from pulp, tissue, paper or packaging industries is considered as an asset
- You have a creative and curious mind and willingness to learn and develop
- You have strong interpersonal, team work and communication skills
- You have excellent English skills, oral and written. Other languages are considered as an asset
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Send your application via the link latest by 24th of February, 2020. Please attach your CV and cover letter to your application.
For more information please contact Wilhelm Wolff, VP, Strategy and Business Development, tel. +358407168328 either 13.02. at 09-11am EET or 14.02. at 09-11am EET.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.