Are you looking for a summer job in the field of ICT? Are you interested in working with IoT in a global context? We have an excellent opportunity for you!
Our client Altair Semiconductor is looking for Summer Trainees for the summer of 2018 in the Oulu office!
Altair Semiconductor, a subsidiary of Sony Corporation, is a leading provider of LTE chipsets. Altair’s portfolio covers the complete spectrum of cellular 4G market needs, from supercharged videocentric applications to ultra-low-power, low-cost IoT and M2M.
By offering LTE-only semiconductor solutions, without the high cost of 3G silicon, bill of materials and patent royalties, Altair has enabled the deployment of millions of LTE-connected devices at disruptive price points previously thought impossible. As the IoT expands to include all types of connected “things”, from wearables to smart homes, cars, cities, utilities and more, Altair’s portfolio of high-performance, ultra-low-power solutions enable these connections.
Altair has shipped millions of LTE chipsets to date, and they are commercially deployed on the world’s most advanced LTE networks, including Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Softbank and Korea Telecom. The company’s customer roster includes the world’s leading OEMs and ODMs, such as Hewlett-Packard, ASUS, D-Link and WNC, as well as the majority of Asian ODMs developing LTE products for global markets.
Headquartered in Israel, Altair has offices in the U.S., China, India, Japan and Taiwan, and a R&D centre in Oulu, Finland.
• Developing and testing core solutions of Altair’s technologies - focusing on LTE IoT modem firmware
• Assisting the senior developers in their daily work on various tasks
The tasks and role will be applied to match your background, skills and interests in the area of IoT world.
• BSc/Master studies in wireless communications engineering or computer science or electrical engineering
• Excellent engineering skills – problem solving, pragmatic approach, broad system view
• Interest in Mobile cellular technology and Internet of Things
• Experience in C, Python or other scripting languages
• Good communication skills (oral and in written) in English
• Self-driven attitude, willingness to learn and grow
This opportunity will provide you the first class experience in IoT field! Read more about Altair Semiconductor here: https://altair-semi.com/
If you believe that this opportunity is made for you, please leave your CV and application as soon as possible via the link below! We will start the interviews immediately after potential candidates apply. If you have any questions concerning this position, feel free to contact us in Studentwork. For further information, please contact Studentwork’s Consultant Manager Saara Niskanen +358 50 467 5319 (Monday-Friday 9.00-15.00) or firstname.lastname@example.org.