ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for an After Sales Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports unit in Vuosaari, Helsinki. You will be working in the Propulsion Products Services department that supplies spare part related services to our customers. In this position, you will have overall responsibility for selling spare parts to dry docking projects. This means determining and selling all the necessary parts within your Hydraulic Steering product group based on scope and recommending any necessary spare parts that are not included in the scope. You will be working with end customers and ABB’s internal stakeholders, including supply management, project management, and technical support.
• Spare part sales for dedicated dry docking projects
• Participating in the Hydraulic Steering product group
• Proactive customer support concerning spare part services
• Developing the quotation-order-delivery process within Hydraulic Steering product group
• A challenging and interesting position working in the growing Marine service business
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training and attending site activities
• The opportunity for professional development, for example, to develop your spare part knowledge of the Azipod® products, and the potential to become an expert in the after sales business.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a technical field or a minimum of 10 years’ work experience after vocational school
• A few years’ experience in industrial maintenance or spare part services
• Ready competence in hydraulics
• Self-driven commitment or interest in Marine business
• A basic understanding of the after sales business
• Experience in using MS Office and most importantly the ability to learn to use new IT tools
• A customer-oriented approach with good team-working skills
• An energetic and spontaneous approach to work
• Systematic, punctual, independent, responsible and flexible attitude to work
• Good spoken and written communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills in Finnish
• A basic knowledge of the main components of the Azipod® products.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64746403 by October 14, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jaakko Sarjonen, tel. +358 50 332 3774.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com