Purpose & key responsibilities of an Accounting Manager
In this team lead position, you will lead and take responsibility of Delivery Hero Finland’s three legal entities external accounting. As an accounting manager your responsibility is to ensure that P&L and balance sheet are in order, reporting deadlines are met, and overall accounting principles are followed. You also make sure that the local legal requirements are met and local stakeholders, e.g. tax authorities and auditors, are satisfied. You will be able to manage the deadlines which Group headquarters require. You are familiar with reporting both local and IFRS figures. We’re looking for a motivated and analytical team lead with a positive attitude. This is a great opportunity to grow as a finance team lead professional!
To succeed in this role, preferred Knowledge & skills are:
- +5 years of experience of accounting (with year-end closing responsibilities including Experience working with auditors and tax authorities). Increasingly responsible accounting experience.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (Local GAAP), IFRS, internal controls, financial reporting and tax laws
- Demonstrated ability to perform wide variety of accounting and financial reporting
- A proactive self-starter with desire to support your team members
- Leading and taking ownership of variety of development projects
- People manager experience
- Analytical and detail-oriented working style
- Solution-oriented attitude and capability to work independently
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in Finnish and English
As an Accounting Manager you will
- Lead the local accounting team (app. 10 accounting professionals) having a focus on people development to secure the right competences, performance, and succession
- Be responsible for all accounting and financial reporting in compliance with local GAAP, IFRS and Group’s guidance applicable regulations/requirements.
- Improve effectiveness by relentlessly focusing on process and system improvements
- Participate month-end-closing activities and drive/lead accounting related projects
- SAP implementation during 2022: support central SAP implementation team and SAP project manager. DH Finland has two key business areas: 1. Platform and 2. Dmart. Dmart has implemented SAP in 2020. Platform will implement SAP in 2022.
- Participate in projects and support local execution (as part of these projects) to simplify, harmonize and automate financial operations and reporting
- Co-operate with Legal and Tax to ensure compliance with legal and tax requirements and enable effective audit process.
What We Offer
- A fast-growing company with opportunities to have an impact on the future of its business
- Opportunity to grow as financial professional and progress in your career. We have local finance roles and international finance roles available.
- An autonomous working environment -we say no to micromanaging!
- Opportunities to grow - both personally and professionally- in a global company
- Amazing perks
- A fun and young working environment with regular team events
- A brand-new office in Pasila, right next to Mall of Tripla
We wish you onboard as soon as possible!
Please, let us know about you not later than 25.10.2021. And if you have any questions, please call or mail Businesslike's Senior Consultant Marju Vuorensalmi, 040 9201 805 / firstname.lastname@example.org.