Accounting manager, group accounting & controls
M-Files Oy is a leading SaaS provider of intelligent information management solutions. We are making waves in the large and growing market of intelligent Information Management Solutions. As a company we have achieved tremendous year-over-year growth and are recognized as a visionary by Gartner. M-Files is a global company with 500+ employees and 5,000+ customers with offices worldwide. We have a global group structure with subsidiaries/operations in 7 different countries.
Our growth means also taking big steps forward in our accounting & finance department. We have successfully transformed into a SAAS business model and have begun our IFRS conversion project. Now we are looking for an accounting manager to take the lead in our internal controls project. In this position you will play a key role in shaping/evolving our key business processes and control environment. In addition to controls, you will also be a key member in running and evolving our group monthly close further as well as our group accounting & reporting processes as a large.
The preferred location of this position is in the Helsinki metropolitan area, but remote work within Finland is also possible. This position will report to the Director of Accounting.
- Lead M-Files' Global project to improve our internal controls. Designing and implementing controls in each of our key business processes to ensure that risks are properly managed/mitigated.
- e., Interviewing relevant stakeholders, perform process walkthroughs and map out our key business processes into flowcharts. You will run workshops to decide what are the key risks per process and how and where to implement controls.
- Once we have the controls in place you will be responsible for performing regular health checks on how they are being performed.
- Owning the controls related materials (flowcharts, control matrixes etc.) and ensuring that they are always up to date.
- Be a key contributor in running our group monthly close.
- Further developing and running our group accounting and reporting processes. This means to further automate and harmonize accounting processes across the group.
- Participating in our ongoing IFRS conversion project. Participating in producing our IFRS consolidated financial statement.
- Participating in writing our group accounting manual, together with the director of accounting.
- Co-ordinating our internal audit activities and procedures, together with the director of accounting
- Participating in external audits, ensuring that the audit process is efficient and smooth.
- Providing technical accounting support especially to colleagues within but not limited to finance.
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience from either an in-house accounting or public accounting role.
- Solid experience in controls related work in a listed company setup. This experience can be gained either through in-house or serving such companies as an external advisor/auditor.
- Proficiency in both FAS and IFRS accounting issues. Proficiency especially in IFRS 15, IFRS 2 and IFRS 9 (financial liabilities) are considered a plus.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Driven and result-oriented approach to work. Not afraid to take ownership over topics that are new. Self-starter who can take initiative without someone constantly telling you what you should be doing exactly.
- Eye for the appropriate level of detail and continuous improvement. Analytical mindset.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment. You have excellent organization skills and are able keep multiple initiatives ongoing at the same time by prioritizing and delegating within our team.
- Very good skills in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Fluency in both Finnish and English is a must
- Prior knowledge with Netsuite is considered a plus.
- Industry experience from software/technology companies is a plus.
- Publicly listed company experience (acquired either from in-house or public accounting) is a plus.
Does this sound exciting to you?
Please send your application and CV along with your salary request, no later than August 31st, 2021. We will go through the applications already during the process and will fill the position as soon as we have the right candidate. We are on an exciting journey transforming our organization & processes towards being IFRS compliant. With that goal in mind, we truly believe that this is going to be a unique, challenging yet rewarding and impactful position!