Accounting Analyst in Waypoint Accounting (Nordic)
Waypoint is one of If’s important core systems. It is a shared Nordic core system for Business Areas Private and Commercial, serving also BA Industrial for certain line of business. IT development work is located within IT teams in Norway and IT maintenance in Baltics.
Waypoint Accounting is newly established Nordic team within Local Accounting in CFO organization. Local Accounting organization is present in all Nordic and Baltic countries with about 50 employees being responsible for monthly financial reporting of the different If Group entities.
Responsibilities for Waypoint Accounting team consist of collecting accounting related requirements, coordinating Nordic accounting development in Waypoint and securing a Nordic view in new development. Other focus areas include coordinating accounting acceptance testing and taking care of advanced accounting investigations as a support to Local Accounting and the Business Areas.
Waypoint Accounting team members work closely with Local Accounting teams in all Nordic countries as well with Waypoint IT and IT Baltic.
Currently there are three employees in Waypoint Accounting team, two of them located in Finland and one in Norway. Now we wish to strengthen the team with one additional team member.
As a member of this team your responsibilities will include
- Coordination of accounting acceptance testing in Waypoint development and mainflow testing
- Maintenance and development of Waypoint accounting reports
- Support the accounting for Waypoint Commissions
- Other Waypoint accounting related tasks, advanced accounting investigations etc.
Education and experience required
- Good accounting knowledge
- Excellent SQL skills
- General understanding of database structures
- Fluent in English
- Analytical thinking
- Structured problem solving
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Interest on understanding the insurance business
Location: Turku, Finland or Oslo, Norway. A moderate amount of travel is required.
For further information, please contact Head of Waypoint Accounting Tuula Brander (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel. +358 50 424 1359.
Last day to apply is January 31, 2020.