We are looking for an Accountant to join our global Finance team in Helsinki. This is an exciting time to join us, as we are strengthening our in-house accounting team where you would be a key player in shaping our accounting function and in-housing our daily bookkeeping routines.
As an Accountant at Smartly.io, you will handle daily accounting-related tasks and play an important role in providing accurate financial reporting to our stakeholders together with the team. Your main responsibilities would be the end-to-end bookkeeping routines for two of our foreign subsidiaries, which we are currently looking to in-house. Please note that for this position you need to be authorized to work in Finland.
Smartly.io Group has grown rapidly to new markets, and we currently have 12 legal entities and over 600 employees around the world. Come join our fun, flexible and driven Finance team! We hope you enjoy working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. We offer you the possibility to make a significant impact on the company. In this role you would be reporting to our Accounting team lead Heidi Partanen.
Apply now as the position is filled as soon as the right candidate is found. The position is permanent. Please add your salary request to the application. If you have questions about the position, feel free to contact our Group Accountant Heidi Stranden (heidi.stranden[at]smartly.io +358 50 563 4090).
As an Accountant at Smartly.io, you will...
- Be in charge of the daily accounting tasks such as processing bank statements and allocating payments to customer and vendor bills.
- Have end to end responsibility for the accounting processes in some of our foreign subsidiaries
- Actively participate in our monthly Group financial closing.
- Taking part in the accounts payables process and making payments to our vendors
- Processing and approving employee expenses
- VAT reporting
- Other daily bookkeeping tasks and routines
- Take a role in in-housing some of our subsidiary accounting tasks from our current external service providers.
- Together with the team, help us shape our Group accounting processes going forward
We offer you...
- A flexible working environment close to Helsinki central railway station, in Postitalo premises in a hybrid working team
- Dynamic team, fast-growing business, and a cozy working environment
- Fast-paced company where you can truly make a difference
- 30 days (e.g. 6 weeks) of annual holidays, accrual starting from your first day
- Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.
We're definitely looking for you if you...
- Have a few years of relevant work experience in accounting - we do not necessarily expect you to be fully fluent in the end to end accounting, but this is definitely considered as an advantage.
- Comprehensively understand FAS and Finnish tax reporting requirements.
- You are eager to learn new skills.
- Have solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and co-operate with the team to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Are detail and result oriented, comfortable working in a collaborative setting, and have an eye for continuously automating and improving processes
- Are fluent in using MS Office (Excel) and Google Sheets
- Are comfortable using English in a work context
- Have a legal right to work in Finland
- Prior experience of Netsuite ERP system is considered as an advantage.
The recruiting process is an opportunity for both you and us to see if we are made for each other. Usually, the whole recruitment lasts ~3 weeks from start to end.
STEP 1 - Introductory call with your possible future team member
STEP 2 - Small case assignment related to your role
STEP 3 - Role interview in which we go through the role-related case assignment with your potential team lead and team member
STEP 4 - Discussion with our CFO