Accountant, Group Finance
Smartly.io Solutions Oy
Accountant, Group Finance
We are looking for an Accountant to join our global Finance team in Helsinki. This is an exciting time to join us, as we are building an inhouse accounting team where you would be a key player in shaping our accounting function and in-housing our daily bookkeeping routines.
As an Accountant at Smartly.io, you will handle daily accounting related tasks and play an important role in providing accurate financial reporting to our stakeholders together with the team. You will also be in charge of some of our subsidiary bookkeeping from start to finish.
Smartly.io has grown rapidly to new markets, and we have currently 10 legal entities around the world. In this role you will be reporting to the Global Head of Controlling and join our fun, flexible and driven finance team! We hope you enjoy working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. We offer you a steep learning curve and possibility to make significant impact in the company.
Apply now as the position is filled as soon as the right candidate is found. The position is permanent. If you have questions about the position, feel free to contact our Global Head of Controlling Annukka Piirala (annukka.piirala[at]smartly.io, +358 40 7626043) or Group Controller Susanna Kaurinkoski (susanna[at]smartly.io, +358 40 8283270).
As an Accountant at Smartly.io, you will:
- Be in charge of the daily accounts receivable tasks such as processing bank statements, and allocating payments to open invoices
- Taking part to the accounts payables process such as invoice approval and making payments to our vendors
- Processing and approving employee expenses
- VAT reporting
- Other daily bookkeeping tasks and routines
- Act as a contact point between Smartly.io team and our external service providers abroad
- Take a big role in in-housing some of our subsidiary accounting tasks from our current external service providers
- Help us shape our Group accounting processes going forward
We offer you:
- A flexible working environment close to Helsinki central railway station, in Postitalo premises
- Dynamic team, fast-growing business and a cosy working environment
- Full 25 days of annual holidays starting from your first day
- Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.
We're definitely looking for you if you:
- Have relevant work experience in accounting - we do not necessarily expect you to be fully fluent in all the tasks we expect you to eventually take responsibility for, but are also open towards applicants who are willing and able to learn the needed skills
- Have solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and co-operate with the team to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Are detail and result oriented, comfortable working in collaborative settings, and have an eye for continuously automating and improving processes
- Are fluent in using MS Office (Excel)
- Are comfortable using English in a work context
- Experience in using Netsuite is considered an advantage
We less focused on the years of experience you have under your belt, and more so on the right skill set and motivation for the role. Please send us your application together with your CV and salary request as soon as possible. The place is filled as soon as we find the right candidate and we are going through the applications on an on-going basis.
The recruiting process is an opportunity for both you and us to see if we are made for each other. Usually, the whole recruitment lasts ~3 weeks from start to end.
STEP 1 - Introductory call with your possible future team member
STEP 2 - Small case assignment related to your role
STEP 3 - Onsite interview at our office or over a video call and going through the role related case assignment with your potential team lead and team members
STEP 4 - Smartly.io demo simulation - this is part of every recruitment process at Smartly.io, to stay close to the product and customers!
STEP 5 - Discussion with our CFO
APPLY FOR THIS JOB