Account Lead, Low Carbon Energy
We are looking for an Account Lead who is skilled and experienced sales professional with demonstrated success in identifying commercial opportunities in complex business environment.
As an Account Lead you excel in leading sales and ensuring business success in your business area, low-carbon energy, preferably with an emphasis on nuclear energy sector. You will identify new customer opportunities, help develop offering and manage sales pipeline both with international and domestic customers. You are capable of and motivated to transform research findings to business opportunities and help our customers succeed.
With us, you will be responsible for:
- Recognizing new commercial opportunities and driving commercial activities in your area
- Matching customer challenges and opportunities with VTT’s value proposition and excellence
- Building and managing international and domestic customers sales and partnership activities
- Building strategic customer alignment, seeking new opportunities in building success for the customer
- Contributing to offering creation and service models together with other stakeholders
- Discovering and expanding sales opportunities in collaboration with VTT’s other research areas
- Participating to marketing action planning and execution
- Coaching a virtual sales-oriented scientist community towards customer centricity
We are looking for a candidate who has:
You are experienced professional with strong track record in managing customer relationships and creating new businesses in an international context. You have experience in value-based and consultative sales and business development. Your business analytics skills help you reach your goals.
To succeed in the role, you need to have strong understanding of business logics within low-carbon energy, preferably the nuclear energy domain. You have a passion for building customer business cases based on systemic changes and new technologies influencing the future societies. In addition, you are interested in combining cross-sectoral elements such as digitalization, sustainability, safety and security for the customer’s benefit. Fluent English is a requirement in the role.
As a person you are
- Team-player with positive mindset as well as strong collaboration and networking capabilities
- Well-developed business understanding and motivated for finding solutions for customers
- Result-oriented, proactive, prepared to travel, and you have a can-do attitude
- Comfortable to work with scientists and drive to build business opportunities in a multidisciplinary research organization
- Prepared to move to Finland with VTT assistance (international candidates)
VTT provides an inspiring working environment that pools together world-class research, innovations and top experts. Our mission is to create impact that generates sustainable growth and wellbeing in society as well as in industry.
Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Therefore, our personnel’s wellbeing, flexible work opportunities and competence development are key priorities for us. With us, you can make an impact for a better future and you can be part of solving the biggest challenges of our time
For further information
Interested and want to know more? Contact Terttu-Leea Saarenpää, Head of Sales and Customer Partnerships (tel. +358407078451) on October 8 at 13-14 or October 12 at 14-15.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV as soon as possible, latest by October 18. We will start interviews already during application period.
Apply between 2 October 2020 and 18 October 2020 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Permanent position