ABB Ability™ Edge Software Developer
ABB Ability™, ABB’s unique edge-cloud automation platform, helps our customers to harness the power of the Industrial Internet of Things. It accelerates the agile creation of innovative software applications and services in cooperation with customers, turning data insights into direct action, and generating customer value in the physical world. We are now recruiting the most talented people in the industry to join our pioneering platform engineering team in Helsinki. Join to work at the cutting edge of technology, creating the industrial software systems of the future.
We welcome you, Platform Software Developer, to our Edge team in Helsinki! Our team develops the edge computing solution for ABB Ability™ Platform. In this role, you will get to implement, maintain and support the runtime of Edge, which ABB business units use:
- as a secure gateway to the existing infrastructure of brownfield devices
- to develop on-premise applications to run in conjunction with their cloud counterparts
- to containerize cloud workloads and run them on-premise to support offline deployment scenarios and scenarios with periodic connectivity
We are a highly-skilled team of pioneering platform software developers, who take shared responsibility for our product. Everyone contributes to delivering on the commitments we make as a team and help to troubleshoot and resolve the issues our various clients and colleagues might be facing. We collaborate with other teams across the globe from San Jose to Bangalore. We commit readable, maintainable, working code covered with tests and everyone participates in code reviews. In our team, you will get to work on the bleeding edge of technology – no legacy code or systems.
We offer you an international working environment in a brand-new office with excellent facilities. We value a flexible, non-hierarchical and transparent way of working. We will provide you with state-of-the-art tools, a workstation, and a laptop so that you can stay productive wherever you are. We offer flexible hours and the opportunity to work remotely. ABB also offers you plenty of training, development and career opportunities.
You will fit into the Edge team if you have:
- Hands-on experience with Linux system administration
- In-depth understanding of Linux system security mechanisms
- Experience with scripting languages, such as shell, Python, or Perl
- Good understanding of computer networking principles and protocols
- Experience with application containers and container orchestration
- Experience designing and implementing micro-service architectures
You could impress us, though not mandatory, with development experience using compiled programming languages, experience in cross-compilation for ARM-based embedded Linux systems and understanding of public cloud computing platforms.
Interested in joining the crew? The position will be filled when we find a suitable candidate so apply as soon as possible. Apply with the job ID FI66970327 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Product Owner Dmitry Makarov, tel. +358 50 332 1153 or Senior Principal Engineer Mika Luotojärvi, tel. +358 50 332 5230.