5G Field Test Engineer (position for fresh graduates)
Radio Field Productization is now looking for talented, proficient people to join us. We have several Field Test Engineer positions open within the 5G field testing. You are a fresh graduated engineer either with BSc or MSc education. You can apply, enhance your skills in testing, verification and data analysis. Based on your background you may also work within the test automation development.
Your responsibilities as a Field Test Engineer:
• Perform integration, verification and benchmark testing activities
• Report defects during testing and support R&D with actions to solve the defects
• Conduct analysis for the 4G/5G radio network KPIs/counters and performance statistics
• Provide performance reports out of the testing data - both quick-views and reports of the larger measurement campaigns
• Develop testing methods and scripts/formulas to meet the testing/reporting needs
Depending on your background and interest you may also:
• Take ownership of selected field test tools or radio network planning activities of the field test network
• Focus on the data analytics/test automation development besides field testing
You work with multiple stakeholders including 5G project team, technical architects, product managers and specification teams to develop test plans and test cases. We provide you an inspiring and professional working community with modern ways of working, interesting and challenging tasks in a dynamic business environment, as well as flexible working hours among several other benefits of the company. Your daily working environment is a unique operator like of field test network as part of R&D, providing you a true viewpoint to the development of the 5G technology.
You have strong interpersonal skills and a passion for learning. You are prompt in your tasks and proud of your work. You have analytical and systematic way of working and you enjoy working with technical teams. You enjoy making clear test reports with justified conclusions out of the measurement data. You have the ability to execute independent testing work, but you also enjoy working together with the team including virtual multi-site teams. Please see the detailed qualifications below.
• Fresh graduate with BSc/MSc Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Radio Technology, Data Engineering or related field.
• Familiarity of some of the following areas: telecommunications systems, radio frequency technologies, verification and testing methods, data mining, test automation tools, scripting and programming skills, radio network planning skills.
• Preferably hands-on working experience of 4G/5G telecommunication systems.
• General interest in computer science and developing personal skills within the field.
• Good communication skills in English (both written and spoken) are mandatory, Finnish language skills are an asset.
• Good interaction and collaboration skills.
• Motivation and desire to learn in a fast-paced high technology environment.
• Driving license preferred.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Interested? Join us in building the future of mobile networks! Please fill in your application on our website.
For inquiries, please contact
• Olli Ramula. Squad Group Leader, Field Verification: email@example.com, +358504803152
• Jari Sahinoja, Squad Group Leader, Field Verification: firstname.lastname@example.org, +358405906637
• Marja-Leena Lahti, Tribe Lead, Field Verification: email@example.com, +358504872313