We are seeking a motivated and inventive software and research professionals for the position of
3D Imaging Specialist
As a member of the Algorithms Team of our Research and Technology department, your work will be focused on developing and implementing new algorithmic methods in medical and dental 3D X-ray imaging. You will be responsible for staying informed on the latest developments and publications in the relevant fields; defining new research problems; and testing new methods using data from our X-ray imaging devices as well as through simulations.
In cooperation with the team, you will be implementing elegant and efficient algorithms in C++ and OpenCL/CUDA to solve various research problems and implement the solutions into our systems. In addition, you will be doing your part to ensure that the necessary documentation is produced in line with the applicable medical device regulation.
• Suitable master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
• Solid experience in C++
• Readiness to absorb new knowledge and literature in the field
• Innovation, willingness to learn, and an ability to complete what you have started.
Preferred experience in some of the following areas:
• Reconstruction and correction algorithms in the context of medical imaging
• Designing and implementing computationally intensive algorithms
• Inverse problems, optimisation, simulation
• CUDA or OpenCL
• Methods related to handling and registering point clouds and surfaces
• Machine learning
• Academic work; higher education degrees, e.g. a PhD, are considered a plus
• Large software projects
• Extensive and methodological testing of code
• Medical imaging and related fields
• Other programming languages
• X-ray physics
We offer you:
• Versatile, interesting, and challenging assignments working with some of the most advanced technology and products in the dental industry
• Comprehensive induction and the support of a motivated and highly skilled team
• Opportunity to improve your expertise in high technology
• Permanent position in an industry-leading and constantly growing family business in the field of health technology.
For more information, please contact Dr. Ari Hietanen, Research Manager, Algorithms (tel. +358 40 706 4171 or email email@example.com).
Please submit your application and CV with a salary request by August 21st, 2019. Do not hesitate to apply – applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Planmeca Oy is one of the world's leading dental equipment manufacturers with a product range covering digital dental units, CAD/CAM solutions, world-class 2D and 3D imaging devices and comprehensive software solutions. Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Planmeca’s products are distributed in over 120 countries worldwide. With a strong commitment to pioneering innovations and design, it is the largest privately held company in its field.
Planmeca Oy is part of the Finnish Planmeca Group, which operates in the field of health care technology. The Group reached a turnover of approximately EUR 746 million in 2018 and employs nearly 2,750 people worldwide.