Do you want to make a difference and use your skills for the benefit of people’s wellbeing by improving the quality of oral health treatment globally with dental health innovations?
We are strengthening our ranks and looking for a dedicated team player for the vacancy of
3D Imaging Specialist
We are looking for a 3D Imaging Specialist to join our Algorithms team at the Research and Technology department. You will focus on developing and applying new algorithmic methods in the field of medical and dental 3D X-ray imaging. Your work includes monitoring the most recent developments and academic publications in the field as well as defining new research questions. You will test new methods with the data from our X-ray imaging devices and with simulations.
You will implement elegant and efficient approaches in C++ and OpenCL/CUDA to solve various research problems. As part of the development of medical devices, you will also conduct respective documentation according to the regulations.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. in computer science or applied mathematics
• Solid experience in C++
• Solid experience in designing and implementing computationally intensive algorithms
• Ability to digest related mathematical and academic literature
• Innovative mindset and honest desire to learn
• Ability to complete what you have started
Experience in some of the following areas is preferred:
• Reconstruction and correction algorithms in the context of medical imaging
• Inverse problems, optimization, simulation
• Medical imaging and related physical phenomena
• Academic work; higher academic degrees (e.g. PhD) are definitely an advantage
• Machine learning methods and deep learning
• Extensive and methodological testing of produced code
• CUDA or OpenCL
• Python, R and/or Matlab
• Other programming languages
We offer you:
• Versatile, interesting and challenging assignments with the most advanced products in the dental business
• Permanent position in an established and growing family business in the field of health technology
• Possibility to improve your expertise with high technology devices
• Comprehensive introduction and firm support of a skilled team
For additional information regarding the position, please contact Kalle Karhu, Research Manager, Algorithms: email@example.com or +358 40 1677 858.
Please submit your application and CV with salary request via the link below by 19th November 2018. We will be reviewing applications as they arrive, so please do not wait to apply!
Planmeca Oy is one of the world's leading dental equipment manufacturers with a product range covering digital dental units, CAD/CAM solutions, world-class 2D and 3D imaging devices and comprehensive software solutions. Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Planmeca’s products are distributed in over 120 countries worldwide. With a strong commitment to pioneering innovations and design, it is the largest privately held company in its field.
Planmeca Oy is part of the Finnish Planmeca Group, which operates in the field of health care technology. The Group reached a turnover of approximately EUR 703 million in 2017 and employs nearly 2,750 people worldwide.